I know there is a convenient little About Page you can click on to learn a tad about my family, but I just wanted to share a bit more about myself. So, here is a fun post for you, 10 Things About Me!
1. I chose the the name of my blog knowing I wanted to use my soon-to-be last name, Fuller. It took a bit and was probably the 2nd hardest part of starting this blog. With the help of my wonderful mother, and in spite of my horrible case of pregnancy brain, A Life Made Fuller was born. It fit perfectly as my life has been made so full by Jalin and Ellana.
2. Jalin and I met in highschool. I was 15 and he was 17. We only dated a few months in highschool but fell in love again 5 years later and here we are. It’s so interesting to me the way things all work out in life.
3. We’re raising our family in the center of the Land of Enchantment. Right under the Sandia Mountains and surrounded by the (sometimes) beautiful desert. Jalin is very adamant about staying here so I’m determined this year to really explore and appreciate this wonderful state.
4. We were blessed with our Ellana on June 10th, 2015. It was the best day of our lives. Tiny girl was only 6lbs. 1oz and 19in. And we are expecting our second daughter, Mira, at the end of March!
5. Our daughter, Ellana, has Down Syndrome. We received what I’ll refer to as a partial diagnosis at the very first ultrasound I had, at about 12 weeks, due to a few things they found on the scan. They urged me to get an ammnio but I didn’t see the need to risk that. It was a very stressful pregnancy with a lot of ultrasounds and monitoring. Not to mention the ever changing list of things they found on every scan. It was definitely not the picture perfect pregnancy I had imagined. I was so thankful the day Ellana was born. I looked at my sweet girl and held her close, I knew instantly she had Down Syndrome. And she was absolutely perfect.
6. I became a mom when I was 20 and I can honestly say I don’t regret it one bit. Since I was a little girl the one thing that has never changed is the fact that I wanted to be a mother. And as I got older I could never find a career that fit me. The thought of spending years in school for something I wasn’t passionate about seemed to be such a waste. Though Ellana was quite the surprise, I can’t imagine doing a thing different.
7. Yep, we are going to be the parent’s of 2 little girls under 2 years old! Twice the mess. Twice the personality. Twice the work. I’m gonna be one tired mama! But I think it will be so worth it. I loved being so close to my siblings growing up. My brother and I are 15 months apart, and my sister and I are 3 years apart. The memories I have of us are ones I treasure and I hope I will see that bond and those memories being made between my children.
8. I had a really difficult time breastfeeding Ellana. I was only able to feed her for 6 months before I completely lost my supply. That was one of the most difficult things I’ve had to accept as a mother. I knew these things happen and I knew there was formula but in my mind I couldn’t deny the fact that breast milk was better for her. It was heartbreaking as I saw the toll that the formula took on her little body. The tummy troubles that caused her pain, I can’t even tell you how many times I cried with her. with the arrival of Mira only a month away I’m definitely doing the research to correct the mistakes I made. If any of you have tips on breastfeeding please please PLEASE share them in the comments below. I will be so grateful to you!
9. I’m not one for big serious resolutions. Especially after becoming a mom. I’ve already aquired mom brain and I just can’t plan for anything. However, I’m all about fun things and projects! My biggest New Years Resolution is to learn how to sew. I don’t think there is anything cuter than a little homemade dress! And not to mention two babes in matching homemade dresses! So I’m hoping this lovely spring weather we are getting will kick my booty into creative mode this month!
10. I created this page in the summer but have yet to post on it until today. I’ve been struggling for months to come up with the “perfect” about page and the “perfect” first post. I finally had to decide that perfect was impossible for me and to just post the next thing that came to my mind and go from there!
So there you have it! A very random 10 Things About Me. My big hope for this blog is to reach out to moms. To share advice, laughs, experiences, and support. Because let’s be honest, being a mom is tough and we could all use it. 2nd to my own mama, reading blogs helped me so much when I became a mother. I’m so excited to contribute to a wonderful community dedicated to helping moms on their journies through motherhood.